Continuing to read and watch Blender training information.
Getting a bit distracted by pulling in blender 2.8 build source code. I’m now a bit curious about the internals and may let myself be distracted by that now and again. Certainly planning to see if I can run a local build on
Chaos upstairs has path issues that I’ll need to resolve before I can do much on that front. One of the nicer things about having more than one build-capable machines around.
Looking at a few things in the immediate future
- Get text working. Hover text labels over stars that always face the viewer with at a minimum the name of the star.
- Build star gate model(s) in blender and import them into unity and then place gates in the view.
- Build a simple information viewing panel in game and support star selection where the information for the selected star shows on the panel.
- Build a simple mechanism for saving game and loading games. Need a persistence format for game data.
- Look into adding simple feedback sounds to the game. At least a noise when a selection is changed in the star display.