Printable version (Updated July 2019):
Available as a word document on request.
As far as my current interests and what sort of possibilities might get my attention:
- I’m always open to possibilities but I’m happy enough where I’m at that something would have to be a step up or particularly interesting to get my attention.
- I’m currently working at KMC systems as a full time, permanent staff engineer. I was promoted from principal to staff level shortly after joining KMC though the only real difference I can see between the two roles is that staff engineers have more direct customer contact.
- I’ve been an engineering lead in various roles for much of my career and I enjoy leading a team while providing some direct engineering input along the way. Helping to make a team more effective lets me get more done than I could possibly do on my own and I value that.
- Most positions that I’ve found engaging have involved systems with hardware, software and technology components all working together. I am open to software only opportunities, but I’d be looking for something that suggested that the role would be a particularly good fit.
- I feel like I’m pretty well compensated and I live and work in a state with no state income taxes. Any opportunity that would involve a pay cut is a non starter at the moment. It is always possible that something extraordinary could change mind, but…
- My time at Oni Medical Systems is pretty much my benchmark for a great job. I had a team of software engineers working on the system. I was able to do some moderate amount of direct development work in addition to my lead activities. I was in a position to guide the software and system architecture in directions I thought would be beneficial. MRI technology is pretty amazing stuff and I was involved to some degree in most aspects of the system. The internal politics was pretty mild and the director of engineering understood programming well enough to follow detailed discussions of technical choices and participate in decision making.