Now I’m stitching in some game logic and properties related to game play. Still need to get the systems loaded from the static stuff I’ve added and start building some game play but it feels like things are moving at a decent clip.
I’m also going to be looking at keeping some of the game logic in external, non-game assemblies. Being able to pull in external code that can be unit tested and perhaps even deployed in other areas is useful.
Hoping to get the basics wired in and then get back to interface work. I need to get the VR controls started. A user should be able to switch perspectives between several fixed camera spots with the controller. They need to be able to get a basic view of the state of the board from a distance and be able to view full details of a given star by pointing their controller at it.
- View basic star information available to a given player from a distance.
- Assemble a fleet (if fleet markers are available) from ships present at a star.
- Task an existing fleet with going to another system.
- Allocate this turn’s production to construction or research.
- Side effect of the above, move population from a planet surface to colony transports.
- Check transit time from one star system to another.
- See beacon area of effect for your existing beacons.